ADEA CAAPID: Applicants
ADEA CAAPID is the centralized application service for international applicants who have previously completed a dental education program outside the United States or Canada who wish to practice dentistry in the United States.
Applicants from the 2016-17 ADEA CAAPID application cycle
who need to access their previous application for reference purposes only
may do so by
ADEA membership is not a requirement to apply through ADEA CAAPID.
Interested in learning all about the ADEA CAAPID application process?
View a recording of the "Introduction to the 2018 ADEA CAAPID Application" webinar.
- You may also
download a PDF of the "Introduction to the 2018 ADEA CAAPID Application" presentation for potential applicants. The presentation covers topics including who should apply through ADEA CAAPID, what information is needed to complete the application process, when the application becomes available, where to access the application online, and why the application is easy to use.
Additional resources to help you learn more about the ADEA CAAPID application process can be found below:
- Review the
ADEA CAAPID Application Instructions.
- All participating programs have a profile on the
ADEA CAAPID Directory. Browse by state. The profiles include contact information, program requirements, and a description of the program.
- To find out more about becoming licensed in the U.S. and Canada, visit
- DENTPIN®: A personal identification number used in place of the social security number. Every applicant must retrieve a DENTPIN to initiate an ADEA CAAPID application. Click
here to retrieve an existing DENTPIN.
you an international applicant?
Determine which application service is right for
you by answering a few simple questions:
you completed a dental degree program outside the United States or Canada?
– Apply for a traditional D.D.S. or D.M.D. program via ADEA
– Go to the next question.
you wish to practice dentistry in the United States after completion of your
education in this country?
– Apply for a dental residency in a specialty area via ADEA
– Apply for an advanced standing program via ADEA CAAPID.
ADEA CAAPID® Customer Service
Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, except federal holidays.