The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University
Download a PDF of the ADEA CAAPID profile for The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University.
Description of Programs
Kornberg School of Dentistry has two programs for foreign trained dentists.
Dentists Program: This 24-month program will accept experienced dentists who graduated from international dental schools and who have graduated from 1) a CODA-accredited residency or postgraduate program, or 2) have graduated from a non-CODA graduate
programs in peer schools, and 3) have at least 2 years of clinical experience after their first dental degree. Preferences will be given to applicants with advanced clinical experience and who match the standards for competency expected from students moving into the junior year of the dental school at
Temple University. Applicants must have passed Part I and Part II of the National Dental Examination Board before matriculation, A TOEFL score of 100 or higher, or equivalent English Language test scores, is required. Admission into the program will be based as well on
assessment of preclinical skills, communication skills, and an oral examination conducted by the program’s search committee. The school places high weight on ethical and professional conduct and evidence for desire to learn and innovate. The program operates in a comprehensive general dentistry clinic that
will simulate real-life private practice. The two year program will begin in June, 2020. The application deadline is January 15, 2020.
Attrition Based Program: Temple University Komberg School of Dentistry will offer vacated seats in the 2nd or 3rd year of the pre-doctoral program to foreign trained dentists who also meet the above requirements. Classed will begin for the Attrition Based Program inn August, 2020. The application deadline is January 15, 2020.
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry,
Office of Admissions and Student Affairs
3223 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Length of Program: 2nd year class (36 Months); 3rd year class (24 Months)
Program Deadline: January 15, 2020
All Documents Must be Received by January 15, 2020
Start Date*: See start dates above
Class Size: Attrition Program: Based on space availability;
International Program: 10 Seat Maximum
Degree Awarded: D.M.D.
Requirements to apply to program
English Language Proficiency
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- All applicants must successfully complete the TOEFL IBT with a score of 100 or above for the Attrition based program and the two-year International Dentists Program. TOEFL score must be current; no more than two years old.
- Official or notarized copy of TOEFL examination will be requested by the school if invited to interview.
National Board Dental Examination Requirements
- Program requires passage of NBDE Part I and Part II to be considered for admission into the Attrition Program 3rd year or the Two Year International Dentists Program.
- Official or notarized copies of NBDE will be requested
by the school if invited to interview.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
- Completion of the ADAT is not required for admission to the program.
Letter of Evaluation
- Program requires two Letters of Evaluation written within one year from the date of application. One letter must be from the Dean of the dental college attended and one letter from a Science Professor or Dental Professional.
- Letters of Evaluation must be submitted to ADEA CAAPID no later than January 15, 2020.
Transcripts and Evaluations
- Applicant must submit to ADEA CAAPID a detailed ECE.
- The supplemental application and the supplemental application fee request will be emailed to applicants.
Other documents that should be sent directly to the program (not to ADEA CAAPID):
- Supplemental application and fee must be received by the dental school upon request.
- A skills Assessment Examination will be required for candidates who are invited to interview
Please visit the website at www.temple.edu/dentistry for details.