AAMC/ADEA Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator
The Association of American Medical Colleges/American Dental Education Association Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator (AAMC/ADEA DLOC) is a educational debt management resource designed specifically for dental school students and graduates.
the AAMC/ADEA DLOC, you can:
- Keep all your student loan borrowing in one electronic file.
- See the impact of additional borrowing on repayment every time you take out more loans.
- Choose a repayment strategy based on your own debt, your own repayment objectives and your own career plans, including any plans for advanced dental education, whether academic based or hospital based.
- To access the Dental Loan Organizer and Calculator, go to
- Follow the simple instructions on the home page for first-time users.
- Upload current federal borrowing from StudentAid.gov (including any federal loans prior to dental school) and manually enter anticipated borrowing for future years in dental school to ensure more accurate repayment and forgiveness estimates.
View this helpful
tutorial, or download the
AAMC/ADEA DLOC fact sheet.
- Work closely with your school’s financial aid office to ensure you do not miss any important deadlines for grants, scholarships and campus-based loan programs that may be available, as this may help reduce the amount you have to borrow for dental school.
- Never borrow more than you really need, and don’t assume you need to borrow up to the full cost of attendance (financial aid budget).
- Be sure you know your monthly living allowance in your school’s financial aid budget each year.
- Your loan servicer will ultimately determine the repayment amounts under whichever repayment plan you choose.
- There is never a penalty for aggressive repayment under any repayment plan on federal loans.