Dental School Applicant
The ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS®) is the centralized application service for U.S. dental schools.
ADEA AADSAS simplifies the application process, allowing you to save time and energy by completing just one application for multiple dental schools.
The ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program (FAP) is officially closed for the 2020 ADEA AADSAS application cycle. Funds from the FAP are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are now fully allocated for this cycle.
Incoming ADEA AADSAS FAP requests received on or after Nov. 8,
2019 will not be processed.
All U.S. dental schools participate in ADEA AADSAS and require it as the primary application. Texas residents applying to Texas dental schools, though, will need to apply through the
Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS).
Foreign-educated dental graduates interested in completing an advanced standing program at a U.S. dental school will need to apply through the
ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID).
Highlights/ Important Notes
- Read all of the 2020 ADEA AADSAS application instructions carefully before you apply. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to your advisor.
- Speaking of advisors, you should make sure to meet with your health professions advisor before beginning the application, as he or she can provide guidance for all of the areas of the application, facilitate the process of gathering letters of evaluation and help you manage your application timeline.
- ADEA AADSAS applications will not be processed until all official undergraduate transcripts are received.
Official transcripts should be sent to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110
Watertown, MA 02471
If using express mail, send to:
ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15
Watertown, MA 02472
- After the ADEA AADSAS application, fee payment and official transcripts are received, it usually takes about four to six weeks to process an application. Check the status of your application regularly to make sure there is nothing holding up the process.
- Check with your designated dental schools to make sure you fulfill all of their individual supplemental application requirements.
- APPLY EARLY! We suggest submitting your application during the summer. Do not wait until deadlines approach to submit your application. Each dental school has its own application deadline. ADEA AADSAS does not send your application to a school if your application is received by ADEA AADSAS after the school's deadline.
ADEA AADSAS IMPORTANT DATES
June 4, 2019: First day to submit your 2019–2020 ADEA AADSAS application
Aug. 14 – Sept. 30, 2019: Academic Update period (1st academic period)
Dec. 4, 2019 – Feb. 3, 2020: Academic Update period (2nd academic period)
Dec. 2, 2019: Dental school decision release date to applicants
Feb. 3, 2020: 2019-2020 ADEA AADSAS closes
Feb. 10, 2020: Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS
May 12, 2020: 2020-21 ADEA AADSAS application opens
June 2, 2020: First day to submit your 2020–2021 ADEA AADSAS application
Feb. 3, 2021: 2020-2021 ADEA AADSAS application closes
ADEA AADSAS Applicant Customer Service
Available Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time (except Federal Holidays)